Monday, April 13, 2015


Hello from Botswana.
4-13-15
We are here hopefully for only a short time. Our plans are to quickly head back to JoBurg to continue with our teaching and learning there. This little “break” that we have had due to mandatory meetings is one that has happened at a rough time in world issues for our people here. I am sure that the news has reached concerning the tragedy that occurred at the university in Kenya and now the subsequent retaliation that the government therein is taking against the population of refugees living within their borders. This is news that struck my heart and I know it has struck those of our students to the quick.
While we are teaching in JoBurg, our students have family and loved ones in the Dadaab refugee camps. These loved ones are now being faced with being relocated and possibly even forcibly. I know that to the people at home this news may not mean too much or speak too loudly, but I ask you to join with me in pr@ying for this situation and the people affected by it. This movement may go a long way for the sharing of the good news, and I am believing that our relationships and beginning of language learning will be beneficial to helping the people.
This whole situation is a mess and needs plenty of thought and pr@yer. I am hoping that when we get back to Mayfair that we can be put to the best use as possible for the sp. Benefit of the people there.
While here in Botswana I think that we will get the opportunity to partake of some trips into the bush and hopefully get to do some country things, involving hiking and camo. If I am lucky tomorrow I am probably going to posting pictures to FB.
Tonight I am supposed to be leading a study in Jn. for a group of guys that we fellowshipped with on Sunday morning, and the fellowship was phenomenal yesterday. It was very spirit filled and chocked full of great theology. Thank you for reading this and others that I have posted, and thank you for your support physically and spiritually. We as a team are scheduled to do some research work in the area of Durban in a few weeks, we are pr@ying for success with the work and ideas to reach the communities there.
 Ethan S.

No comments:

Post a Comment