Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hello and blessings, from Joburg

My teammate and I are getting situated to live in the city now. there are these things called rolling blackouts that happen and are scheduled, the "Powers that be" here locally decide that it is better to turn off the power than to produce enough for all to use (and buy, there is only one power provider for millions upon millions of people.). the same goes for the water supply. I was told earlier today that I should get a few buckets out of the tap, because the water will be shut off until tomorrow night.

I know that it may look as if I am complaining about the current state of things, but let me get it clear for every readers sake, I am not complaining!...I am simply trying to paint a description of the day to day life and flow here in the city. I am much too blessed to complain about a bit of light or water!

This is by far the most populated place I have ever lived, and I find it more than a little odd to go shopping in the way of the cities. Everything is organized in malls, so groceries in one part, computers in another. I find it a bit confusing, but it works.

Tomorrow we will get to meet up with a local congregation, and learn what
fellowship and w0r$hip is like here.

Monday will mark the beginning of the ESL classes and the language learning for us. I have high hopes for the upcoming work and interactions. please pr@y for our upcoming time here, that we will be effective and that we as a team and as individuals learn and mature in our Walks. Also that ears would be open to hear, and opportunities would present themselves for sharing.

Thank you for reading this and for your thoughts. If you want you can email me at s612395@sbuniv.edu . and please remember to be social media sensitive. no posting! anywhere!

Ethan.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're settling in well there in Joburg. Praying for you as classes start, that the intentional conversations will flow naturally and openly as you build relationships with the people!

    ReplyDelete